The Pennsylvania General Assembly recently amended the sentencing guidelines for gun crimes such that offenders now face increased prison time. When the stakes are this high, it is absolutely imperative to retain the services of an experienced and highly skilled criminal defense attorney.
For more than 15 years, Hark and Hark has defended people facing serious gun charges in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. We are highly respected in the legal community and known for providing comprehensive criminal defense services.
Arrested for a Gun Crime?
Stop Searching. Start Calling.
24-Hour Criminal Defense Hotline
Strong Defense in All Weapons Violations Cases
In response to the rising violent crime rate, the state of Pennsylvania has established "gun courts" that handle only weapons offenses. According to the Philadelphia Courts, First Judicial District of Pennsylvania, the primary purpose of gun court is not only to conserve resources, but to educate "the defendant about gun safety and provide the infrastructure for direct and immediate response to defendants who violate court orders and who are [repeat offenders]."
Our attorneys know the law and know how to defend you in gun court, no matter what charges you face, including:
- Carrying a concealed gun without a license, such as a loaded pistol, revolver, shotgun, or rifle
- Possession of a firearm by a felon
- Possession of a firearm by a minor
- Altering a weapon/possessing an altered gun
- Illegal purchase or "straw purchase" of a handgun/firearm
- Illegal possession of armor-piercing bullets or bullet proof vests
- Drug and firearm charges, such as possessing a gun while committing a drug crime
Protecting Your Rights Through Experienced Defense
From the greater Philadelphia area to Pennsylvania's more rural counties, our firm has extensive experience dealing with illegal stops, seizures and arrests related to weapons offenses. We conduct an exhaustive investigation to determine:
- Whether the officers had probable cause or reasonable suspicion to conduct a search
- If the officers had a valid search warrant
- If the officers properly executed the search warrant
- If you had control of or owned the weapons
- Whether you were properly informed of your Miranda rights
Depending on the facts of your case, we file motions to suppress illegally seized evidence of guns found in illegal traffic stops and illegal searches. We also defend your rights and use thorough investigation techniques to determine whether you could have known about the gun.
Contact Hark and Hark for a Free Initial Consultation
Contact us online or call our 24-hour criminal defense hotline at 1-877-4-HARK-LAW (1-877-442-7552) for a free initial consultation to discuss your gun charges. We offer reasonable rates and payment plans, and accept major credit cards.
Always Ask 4-HARK-LAW ▪ Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Lawyers