When Drugs or Drug Act Violations Are Involved
If you were arrested for a drug crime and the officers found a weapon on you, on your friend or in your car or home, you will face a new, harsher mandatory minimum sentence for committing a drug crime with a gun. Pennsylvania judges are invoking this mandatory five-year jail sentence in relation to drug crimes, so you will need an experienced attorney by your side.
Exposure to a mandatory minimum does not automatically mean that it will be applied; however, obtaining aggressive representation of your rights at the beginning of your case is the only way you can truly take charge of your situation.
Defenses To Your Drug And Gun Charges
If you were arrested for a drug-related crime and firearms were involved or found, we can help you find answers to the following questions:
- Were the drugs and/or guns found in an illegal search of your home or car?
- Were the narcotics found near a gun in the car?
- Were you safely secured in the officer’s police car when he searched your car?
- Did anyone make furtive movements in the car while the police officers walked up?
- Did you know there were drugs or guns in your home when they were found?
- Did the drugs and/or guns belong to a family member or roommate?
Seek A Lawyer With The Skills You Need
At Hark and Hark, we understand the gravity of drug and gun charges. Our experienced attorneys provide clients with an aggressive defense to protect your rights, your reputation and your freedom. Depending on the facts of your case, we can file motions to suppress illegally seized evidence.
We defend clients facing all manner of drug and gun crimes, including:
- Possession of illegal drugs
- Possession with intent to distribute
- Drug trafficking, manufacturing and distribution
- Carrying a concealed weapon without a license
- Felon in possession of a weapon
- Use of a gun while committing a crime
To begin preparing your defense, contact us online or call 215-665-0766. For your convenience, we have three offices in Philadelphia, King of Prussia and Cherry Hill.