We Defend Your Livelihood

Richard Quinton HarkClients’ ChoiceAward 2019
Richard Quinton HarkClients’ ChoiceAward 2018
Badge Home 02
Badge Home 03
Badge Home 04
Badge Home 05


  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Drug Act Issues
  4.  » Federal Drug Weight Conversion

Determining The Sentence For A Federal Drug Crime

At Hark and Hark, we fight for our clients, closely monitoring the charging and sentencing process to ensure that if the conversion negatively impacts our clients, it is challenged and carried out legally. If the conversion escalates sentencing without reason, we will zealously advocate to see your rights protected and the charges reduced as low as possible.

Worried About Your Potential Federal Sentence?
Stop Searching. Start Calling.
24-Hour Criminal Law Hotline
1-877-4-HARK-LAW (1-877-442-7552)

Any federal conviction for violating 21 U.S.C. § 841(b)(1)(A), (b)(1)(B), or (b)(1)(C) carries with it a serious drug weight conversion component. All federal narcotics offenses equated to how many grams of marijuana the drug would equal and then the guideline sentence is calculated based upon the grams, pounds or kilograms of marijuana. This means that the charges against you could be quickly escalated based on the weight of the substance, making the situation much more grave.

These conversions touch almost all drugs, including marijuana, cocaine, heroin, prescription drugs and narcotics.

Additionally, if there are multiple participants in the crime, it can become a matter of conspiracy where you face charges based on the weight possessed by several individuals and not just what you were carrying on your person.

These conversions and legal nuances have the potential to significantly escalate the nature of the charges and the sentencing you face. It is important that you have an attorney that understands the intricacies of the conversion schedule and how it impacts criminal proceedings.

Questions? Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation.

To arrange a free initial consultation to discuss the charges against you and how our lawyers can fight them for you, contact Hark and Hark online, or call us toll free at 877-4-HARK-LAW (877-442-7552).

Richard’s Most Recent Blog

Can a nurse lose their license for not going to work?

You know you’re scheduled for a shift at the hospital, but you’re exhausted. You opt not to go in. Instead, you stay home and catch up on sleep.  You know this may not be good for your job security. You could be fired. But are you in danger of losing your license...